Q: What’s the greatest political failing of American voters -- ignorance or apathy?
A : I don’t know, and I don’t care.
These are bitter words for me. Although I sometimes seem a pessimist to those who know me, I am usually upbeat about many things, e.g., work, learning, exercise, non-coercive human interaction.
I have even striven to persuade some sheepizens of this once (and future) worthy nation to somehow pull their collective head out of their collective, er, … TV set, long enough to realize that their government, money, and fate are in the hands of their worst enemies, and that they had best take them back into their own hands, lest they die broke, hungry slaves.
Alas, they would no longer know what to do with them if they did. The vast majority are sheeple. Their ignorance is as incurable as it is willful; it’s what makes them sheeple. All they want is to be entertained and directed without the need to think, fed enough to grow large without effort, sheared without having to admit it, and when time comes to feed the shepherd, swiftly terminated without embarrassment.
We’re not quite down to, "every man for himself," yet, but close. It’s more like, everyone for his/her own self, family, and friends – the few likeminded people you can trust when the razor wire goes up, which doesn’t leave most of us with a lot of options. We are now living the Weimar Republic experience, all too soon to be followed by the Fourth Reich experience, barring Celestial Intervention.
The sheepizen next door may be a nice enough guy in good times, but when he (not to mention thousands like him) loses his job in this "robust" economy, or his government check fails to cover his ever-inflated survival costs, how much do you really want him to know about your food/water/medicine/fuel/ammo stashes? (You do have them – right?)
Regardless, I have given up trying to persuade sheeple to be sovereign Citizens – it only annoys them, and will eventually bring me attention I don’t want.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment